Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DIY Frame Collage


THE INFAMOUS COLLAGE WALL AT THE KLEIN HOUSE:

Hello loveys! Here's another DIY idea for y'all out there. Over the years I've had many decorations kind of piled up in storage. Well, we moved into the new house and had big new walls to cover. So with that in mind I kind of just winged this idea together and this is what I came up with!


Now, I don't have an exact tutorial for this idea since I just kind of put it together, but I can at least explain the concept and how I came up with it.


With a majority of things that I have in our home I have either made, got for free, re-did, or purchased from one of the following stores (yes, these are my all time FAVORITE stores):
  • TJMaxx
  • Marshall's
  • Ross, Dress for Less
  • HomeGoods
  • Hobby Lobby
  • Amazon

  • I never pay for anything that is full price. I'm not the person to go to Pier 1 or PotteryBarn to purchase one small thing for $40. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but I just like to find things A LOT cheaper. More money in my pocket makes not only me, but my husband happier haha. 

    My husband was in the Marine Corps for 4 years, so we take a lot of pride in that. During his last deployment to Afghanistan I ordered the vinyl sign you see at the top. Can't remember where I ordered it from since it was almost 5 years ago (when I do find it, I'll add it). There are lots of websites that make vinyl signs or sayings for you. It's a little pricey, but worth it. This is one thing I had to have, and obviously had to pay full price for. Now this sign was made for one purpose, and one purpose only. I bought it for our first home that we purchased. It took 5 years for us to finally purchase one (thanks to the VA Home Loan), and I finally could put this on a wall. So, that was my main focus for this wall everything else came after.

     I placed all the fun objects that I wanted on the wall near the sign, placing and adding as I went. Using a small level from an old ruler I placed marks for the nail holes so they were even. And honestly that's about it! The great thing about a collage is that you can add anything to it. I imagined this would be great for future children and events throughout our lives together. :) What do you think?? I'd love to hear or see your ideas! Question or comments? Leave a comment!

    Until the next project, thanks for stopping by...




No comments:

Post a Comment